Live streaming gained significant popularity and has become one of the top career choices for many streamers. Either as a part-time hobby or full-time profession, streamers are becoming noteworthy profession and are making decent money by live streaming. It is essential to choose the best PTZ camera for live streaming, which will ensure high video quality and a decent resolution.
A camera with pan, tilt, and zoom capabilities, sometimes known as a PTZ camera, allows for remote tilting, direction changes, and zoom control. The 60 fps streaming and outstanding optical and digital zooming make it ideal for live broadcasting without any lag issues. When live streaming with other visitors in the same room and wishing to have several shots from various angles, a PTZ camera is the ideal choice.
At present, there are plenty of PTZ cameras manufactured by various brands that are accessible in the present market. Buying from a reliable PTZ camera manufacturer is the best since they ensure the quality and durability of the cameras. It can become burdensome to pick the most suitable PTZ camera for live streaming. Below are some of the best PTZ cameras available currently that are top-tier models with note-worthy features that will make live streaming easier and simpler.
8 Best Cameras For Live Streaming
Check out a few of the top-notch PTZ cameras for live streaming that are known for their video and image quality, decent audio, durability, and other features in the below section.
- Optical Zoom: 20x optical zoom
- Sensor: 1/2.8 inch 2.4MP CMOS sensor
- Audio Interface: Dual 3.5mm linear inputs
- Video Bitrate: 1024 Kbps to 16384 Kbps
In search of the best PTZ camera with top-notch features? If yes, here is the perfect pick. It can capture the footage in premium video resolution, and the Sony sensor helps in capturing HD quality video. The pan rotation speed is 0.1 degrees to 120 degrees per sec, and the tilt rotation speed is 0.1 degrees to 80 degrees per sec. The pan rotation range is ±170 degrees, and the tilt rotation range is -30 degrees to +90 degrees.
The network port speed is 1000M, and there are separate control ports for NDI ®|HX3, RS485, and RS232. This PTZ camera supports pan or tilt flipping and has 2D and 3D noise reduction technology. In addition, it supports various protocols, such as ONVIF, NDI®|HX3, DHCP, HTML5, TCP/IP, VISCA, RTSP, HTTP, RTMP, PELCO P/D, etc.
- Features a smooth PTZ mechanical structure for precise movements
- Retains CE certification, FCC certification, RoHS certification, and UKCA certification
- It supports H.264 and HEVC compression.
- Equipped with built-in audio for line input.
- Digital Zoom: 4x digital zoom
- Sensor: 1/2.8-inch 8.42 MP SONY CMOS sensor
- 120 degrees field of view
- USB2.0 video port
For better live streaming, here is another high-end PTZ camera with 12-megapixel fixed lens optical zoom and 4x digital zoom. It is equipped with a 1/2.8-inch 8.42-megapixel SONY CMOS sensor for an excellent quality image. The field of view is 120 degrees and has fewer than a 4% distortion rate.
The focal length of this ptz camera model is 2.20mm, and the S/N ratio is >50dB with 0.1 lux minimum lux. The dimensions (L x W x H) of this camera are 199mm × 92.5mm × 65mm. With a polar distance of 3 to 5 meters, it supports WDR, mirror, and flip. The ideal input voltage should be 4.4 to 5.25V@500mA.
- Can record crystal-clear footage in 4K Ultra HD
- Retains auto framing feature and is zoom certified
- Designed with a built-in beamforming microphone
- Easy to install and operate due to the simple cable management
3. FoMaKo HDMI PTZ Camera
- Optical Zoom: 12x optical zoom
- Sensor: SONY 1/2.8″ Progressive CMOS Sensor
- 72.5 degrees wide angle field of view
- 355 degrees pan
The PTZ camera has 12x optical zoom and can record long-distance videos clearly. The camera is capable of capturing footage in various video formats, such as 1080p 60/50, 1080p 30/25, 1080i 60/50, and 720p 60/50. The infrared remote control is multi-functional, and there is a multi-functional OSD menu. It shows compatibility with Sony Visca Protocol and Pelco P / D protocol.
To control from the PC, there are about 255 preset positions. The PTZ camera China model offers a 355-degree pan and a field of view of 72.5 degrees. This PTZ camera comes with an IR remote controller, DC 12V power adapter, 5m USB cable, RS-232C cable, 3m HDMI Cable, mounting brackets, and a user manual. It is known for its plug-and-play installation.
- Features nine preset positions that can be regulated by an IR remote controller.
- Even during low light conditions, the picture quality is outstanding.
- Shows compatibility with vMix, OBS, and various live streaming software.
- A ceiling bracket and a wall mounting bracket are included in the package.
- Some people find it difficult to operate this camera
4. AVKANS SDI PTZ Camera
- Optical Zoom: 20x optical zoom
- Sensor: Sony 1/2.8 inch CMOS sensor
- 1080P 60fps video quality
- SD Flash Memory
Here is one of the high-end PTZ cameras with 20x zoom that is ideal for live streaming events, video conference, etc. This PTZ model is highly versatile because it offers five video outputs, including HDMI, USB, IP, SDI, and NDI. The camera can record live footage in 1080p high-quality resolution. The screen size of this model is 2 inches, and it has a zoom lens.
This camera comes with a built-in Sony 1/2.8 inch CMOS sensor which helps in capturing video clearly even in low light situations. The PTZ camera works well with Zoom, Google meet, OBS, Skype, etc. This model is known for its simple cable management, which saves plenty of installation time and costs.
- Ideal for live streaming, video conferencing, zoom conferences, broadcasting, etc.
- Comes with a built-in SONY CMOS image sensor and 2D and 3D noise reduction.
- Offers excellent video quality even in low light conditions.
- Can be used as a webcam and can be easily attached to a PC
- The AI tracking feature could have been improved.
5. Sony SRG-X400 1080p PTZ Camera
- Optical Zoom: 20x optical zoom
- Sensor: 1/2.5″ Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- 1920 x 1080 Resolution
- IP, HDMI, and 3G-SDI Output
Sony SRG-X400 1080p PTZ Camera is one of the high-end, premium PTZ cameras for live streaming. This camera can record the footage with 1920 x 1080 resolution at 60fps. In addition, with the help of an upgrade, the camera can capture the view in 4K 3840 x 2160 resolution.
This camera has 4.4 to 88 mm lens along with an 8.3MP CMOS sensor that captures the view with 70 degree viewing angle. With an IR remote controller, one can control nine preset positions, and with a PC, one can control 255 preset positions.
- Features a distortion-free lens and a wide-angle field of view.
- Equipped with 8.3MP CMOS sensor
- Records the footage in HD 1920 x 1080 60 fps resolution (16:9) format with dynamic image quality.
- It is expensive.
6. Panasonic AW-HE40HK PTZ Camera
- Optical Zoom: 30x optical zoom
- Digital Zoom: 10x digital zoom
- Sensor: 1/2.3″ Full-HD MOS Sensor
- Pan and tilt range: 175 degrees and -30 to 90 degrees
Looking for a PTZ camera to live stream during nighttime or in low-light conditions? In that case, here is the best PTZ camera. This Panasonic model features 10x digital zoom and 30x optical zoom. It is equipped with 1/2.3″ Full-HD MOS Sensor and can capture the footage in clear 1080p resolution.
The vertical rotation range is -30 degrees to +90 degrees, and the horizontal rotation range is ±175 degrees. The Dynamic Range Stretch helps in reducing blown highlights and blocked shadows. This camera utilizes night mode to record videos during low-light conditions.
- Features decent horizontal and vertical angle of view.
- Equipped with Dynamic Range Stretch feature.
- This camera is PoE+ compatible
- Works well even in 0.5 lux low light situations.
- The price of the camera is relatively high.
7. TONGVEO 20X Optical Zoom PTZ Camera
- Optical Zoom: 20x optical zoom
- Sensor: 1/2.8 inch CMOS sensor
- 55.5 degrees field of view
- 1080p video resolution
This HD PTZ camera has a 20x optical zoom lens and records live footage in crystal-clear HD1080P resolution. The field of view is 55.5 degrees which cover a wide area, and it is equipped with a white balance and exposure mode. It supports various video compression formats, such as MJPG, YUV, and H.264 for better quality video in low light conditions.
It can be operated remotely with 90 degrees tilt and 350 degrees pan with a decent transmission distance of up to 100m. The screen size is nearly 2.7 inches. In the package, a PTZ camera, IR remote control, DC 12V Power adapter, USB 2.0 cable, ceiling brackets, screws, and a user manual are included.
- Easy to set up and supports quick plug-and-play installation.
- Can be regulated via USB cable, joystick, RS485, RS232, etc.
- Equipped with several preset positions that can be operated via different control methods.
- Compatible with various gadgets and plenty of live streaming software and online conferencing software
- There is no HDMI output, and this camera does not show compatibility with HDMI switchers.
8. HCSTVCON 20X HDMI PTZ Camera
- Optical Zoom: 20x optical zoom
- Sensor: 1/2.8 inch progressive CMOS sensor
- 58.7 degrees field of view
- Low-Light Correction
Here is one of the high-speed PTZ cameras with 20x optical zoom. It is equipped with a 1/2.8 inch progressive CMOS sensor for HD and excellent picture quality. It offers 355 degrees pan with a maximum speed of 80 degrees per sec. In addition, the tilt range is -30 degrees to +90 degrees, with a maximum speed of 60 degrees per sec.
It can be controlled via three different methods, such as IR remote controller, joystick controller, and via app control. Using the IR remote controller, it is possible to set 10 preset positions, and 255 preset positions can be set via PC. There is a separate HDMI cable port, USB cable port, RS-232 cable port, and RS-485 cable port, along with a power supply port.
- Comes with a 5m USB cable and a 3m HDMI cable.
- Equipped with low-light correction and leading auto-focus feature
- Shows compatibility with Microsoft Lync, Zoom, Cisco Webex, GoToMeeting, Skype, BlueJeans, and various other conferencing and live streaming software.
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- The user manual is not very helpful, and the setup instructions are not clear.
What Factors Need To Be Considered When Choosing A Camera For Live Streaming
There are different kinds of PTZ cameras, but they all have a video camera module that can move due to servo and motor systems. Discovering the ideal PTZ camera for your requirements can be challenging with all the technical specifications, capabilities, and price points available.
Check out the following factors that need to be considered while acquiring PTZ cameras for live streaming.
- Video Resolution
It is advised to purchase a PTZ camera that supports full HD video quality so that it will be easy to produce incredible live streaming content. For the best image and video quality, one can select a top-notch camera, as almost all live streaming services support 4K and even 8K video. There are many video resolutions for PTZ cameras, but 1080P and 4K models are the most prominent resolutions.
The video quality relies significantly on the image resolution when digitally zoomed in on a live stream. When employing digital zoom with a 1080P camera as opposed to a 4K camera, one can anticipate increased pixelation. For instance, at its broadest angle, a 1080P camera can catch all facial details up to 20 to 30 feet away. Likewise, an 8MP camera can detect facial features up to 50 to 70 feet away at its broadest angle.
At present, PTZ cameras all have digital zoom capabilities, but utilizing them might result in information loss because they only crop an image that has been digitally expanded. On the flip side, the optical zoom enlarges the image using the lens, resulting in incredible video quality with precise details and almost no sound disturbance. To ensure that the live streaming is top-notch, it is vital to pick a camera with optical zoom.
- Frame Rate
The number of times in a second that images are presented is known as the frame rate. For live streamers who wish to record passionate and quick play in their live streams, the frame rate is particularly important. The live streams will be more interesting if the frame rate is particularly high. Most live streams will work with a frame rate of at least 60 FPS, but top-tier cameras are considerably more competent.
- Lens Specification
The amount of optical detail a camera can capture depends on its video resolution, but the lens it employs has a bigger impact on how far it can see. For instance, a 1080P camera with a 25x zoom lens can view more distance compared to a 4K camera with a 12x zoom lens. However, the recorded footage at a nearby range will have minor visual details because digital zoom on recorded video is resolution-dependent.
PTZ cameras have a 3.5 mm input port that one may use to attach a microphone or a Bluetooth microphone setup that consists of a transmitter and receiver. The camera and receiver are directly connected.
IR, WebUI, and joystick controller are the three ways to operate a PTZ camera. The simplest form of control is an IR remote, which frequently arrives with the camera. One can rotate, tilt, and resize the connected display’s preview screen and also change the audio settings. Although it is not the most effective technique for control, it works.
Another approach to control PTZ cameras is WebUI. These cameras provide a preset IP address for the web browser to enter. When it comes to settings like resolutions, configurations, and IP addresses, the WebGUI offers the same fundamental functionality as the IR remote. The controller with a joystick provides the most accurate movement.
It is possible to use a joystick controller with an RS-232 connection, which is a short-range controller. An IP joystick controller can connect both via RS-232 and across the network via LAN, allowing long-distance applications. With the use of an IP joystick controller, one can find and manage each camera separately, increasing flexibility, range, and accuracy.
With the constantly evolving PTZ cameras in the market, a high-quality camera for live streaming does not always have to be expensive. It is because there are plenty of budget-friendly PTZ cameras that are perfect for live streaming and offer the same features as costly models. So, it is better to compare the specifications, features, and prices of a few PTZ cameras and pick the best model that is compatible with your budget limit.
Where To Find The Best live Streaming Camera
At present, there are many brands across the world that manufacture cameras for live streaming. Confused about where to purchase the best live-streaming camera? In that case, here are a few places where one can acquire the best quality PTZ live-streaming cameras.
It is better to buy live-streaming cameras from a local camera store located near your neighborhood. One can inspect the cameras and check how they work by visiting a nearby physical store. Don’t wish to go out to buy live-streaming cameras? In that case, it is best to buy from reputed e-commerce stores. Before buying the cameras, make sure to check the seller’s credibility, user reviews, and other feedback so that one can escape from buying fake or poor-quality cameras.
Another best option is to buy live streaming cameras from Telycam. Telycam is a top-notch PTZ camera supplier launched in 2014. With more than 20 product patents, they deliver over 105,000 high-grade cameras for clients across the world. They have 4 production lines and a 7,200 sqm factory area. This company has a reliable manufacturing unit and an R&D department where top-notch cameras are designed. They offer discounted prices on bulk PTZ camera orders and offer quick presale and after-sales
One of the highly important enhancements to the streaming performance can be a new high-end camera. One will be able to produce higher-quality live-streaming content that will aid in growing the live-stream viewership. PTZ cameras are among the incredible options for live streaming since they can be moved about and provide a range of shots to suit any live streaming requirements.
It is best to contact Telycam to acquire the best quality PTZ cameras at an affordable price for live streaming. They offer a wide range of camera options when it comes to live streaming to match the distinct needs of beginner, intermediate, and professional streamers.